This course provides systematic training in basic Aspen SCM: Plant Scheduler (PS) skills for schedulers. Detailed emphasis is placed on introducing and reviewing features and functions in Aspen Plant Scheduler such as Data Management, Understanding the Planning Board, Schedule Generation, Schedule & Scenario Analysis, and Publishing.
· This course is designed for schedulers who need to build, update (and possibly optimize), and analyze a schedule based on PS model results; as well as for other stakeholders who would like to better understand how PS boosts the efficiency of the plant scheduling process.
· Participants will typically have at least an entry level knowledge about plant scheduling and would like to learn how Aspen PS can greatly improve and optimize the scheduling workflow.
· Understand how Plant Scheduler can help you streamline the scheduling workflow
· Learn to perform data import and validation
· Navigate through the interfaces of the software
· Acquire knowledge on how to generate an up-to-date, optimized schedule which incorporates the latest imported data
· Analyze the newly generated schedule through automatically generated reports
· Compare the outcome of different scenario alternatives
· Export and publish the resulting data
· Instruction on main topics following the workflow of a Supply Chain Planning process at the plant scheduling level
· Hands-on problem-solving approach allows the student to gain an understanding of the key features of Aspen PS
This course is recommended for schedulers with some knowledge of Supply Chain Planning, as well as for different stakeholders who may be impacted by this process (for example, Sales and Product Management)
Scheduling Process Overview
PS Functionality Overview
Publishing the Schedule
Aspen Technology, Inc. awards Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for training classes conducted by our organization. One CEU is granted for every 10 hours of class participation.