- Experienced instructor to present the training content
- Instructor-guided demonstrations of product features
- Hands-on workshops using examples from the petroleum processing industry
- Aspen HYSYS User Certification exam (included in the course fee)
ApproachThis course offers online instruction with hands-on workshop activities.
- A background in chemical/process engineering, oil/gas industry, or in petroleum refining.
- Attended EHY101 course in the past or have reasonable practical usage experience with Aspen HYSYS.
- Computer with Internet access, webcam, and audio capabilities. During the online certification, participants will be required to turn on their webcam.
Develop additional expertise with these recommended courses:
- EHY202 Advanced Solutions using Aspen HYSYS
- EHY223 Aspen HYSYS Dynamics: Introduction to Dynamic Modeling
- EHY121 Building MS Excel User Interfaces for Aspen HYSYS Simulations Using Aspen Simulation Workbook
Aspen HYSYS Process Simulation Overview
- Identify the benefits of process simulation
- Describe the capabilities of Aspen HYSYS
- Introduce the Aspen HYSYS graphical user interface and organizational structure
- Enter necessary elements to fully define a Fluid Package
- Specify required parameters to execute flash calculations and fully define material streams
- Modify and set desired units of measure
- Review stream analysis options
- Workshop: Introduce basic concepts necessary for creating simulations in Aspen HYSYS
Heat Exchanger Rating
- Review the available heat transfer unit operations in Aspen HYSYS
- Compare and contrast the applicability and operation of different heat exchanger models
- Implement Aspen Exchanger Design & Rating (EDR) for rigorous heat exchanger calculations within Aspen HYSYS
- Introduce the Activated Exchanger Analysis feature for continuous heat exchanger study and design
- Workshop: Use a Rating model to determine if an existing heat exchanger will meet desired process specifications; design and rate a heat exchanger using the EDR interface inside Aspen HYSYS
Oil Characterization and HP Separation
- Introduce the Aspen HYSYS Oil Manager and Assay Management features and how they are used for assay characterization
- Perform Spreadsheet calculations in Aspen HYSYS
- Use the Case Study feature to run flowsheet-wide scenarios
- Workshop: Use the Assay Management tools to characterize a crude assay, then employ the Spreadsheet and Case Study features to determine how Gas-Oil Ratio (GOR) varies with operating pressure
- Introduce the Recycle operation in Aspen HYSYS
- Recognize suitable locations for a Recycle operation
- Enter compressor curves to determine head and efficiency as a function of inlet flow
- Workshop: Utilize the Recycle operation to build a two-stage compression flowsheet; define and activate compressor curves thus modeling a HYSYS compressor with real-world data
Aspen Technology, Inc. awards Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for training classes conducted by our organization. One CEU is granted for every 10 hours of class participation.