- Aspen HYSYS User Certification study guide
- 4hrs live session with our Aspen HYSYS instructor
- Access to Aspen HYSYS software provided through an interactive cloud-based environment. Participants can continue to use the cloud-based environment for their self-practice after the live session.
- A quick run-through on Aspen HYSYS fundamentals with hands-on exercises
- Aspen HYSYS User Certification exam
ApproachThis course offers online instruction with hands-on workshop activities.
- A background in chemical/process engineering, oil/gas industry, or in petroleum refining.
- Attended EHY101 course in the past or have reasonable practical usage experience with Aspen HYSYS.
- Computer with Internet access, webcam, and audio capabilities. During the online certification, participants will be required to turn on their webcam.
Develop additional expertise with these recommended courses:
- EHY202 Advanced Solutions using Aspen HYSYS
- EHY223 Aspen HYSYS Dynamics: Introduction to Dynamic Modeling
- EHY121 Building MS Excel User Interfaces for Aspen HYSYS Simulations Using Aspen Simulation Workbook
Day 1 – Morning (0900H – 1300H):
- Enter necessary elements to fully define a Fluid Package and Review stream analysis options
- Workshop: Introduce basic concepts necessary for creating simulations in Aspen HYSYS
- Review the available heat transfer unit operations and Implement Aspen Exchanger Design & Rating (EDR) for rigorous heat exchanger calculations in Aspen HYSYS
- Workshop: Use a Rating model to determine if an existing heat exchanger will meet desired process specifications
- Introduce the Aspen HYSYS Oil Manager and Assay Management features and how they are used for assay characterization
- Workshop: Use the Assay Management tools to characterize a crude assay, then employ the Spreadsheet and Case Study features
- Enter compressor curves to determine head and efficiency as a function of inlet flow and introduce recycle operation
- Use the Pipe Segment operation to model single and multi-phase fluid flow
Day 1 – Afternoon (1300H – 1800H):Self-practice with Aspen HYSYS through cloud-based environmentDay 2 – Afternoon (1400H – 1800H):Aspen User Certification exam
- Build customized column model configurations in Aspen HYSYS
- Workshop: Customize standard HYSYS column models for more detailed condenser and reboiler modelling and investigate the influence of stage efficiencies and column internals on tower performance.
Aspen Technology, Inc. awards Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for training classes conducted by our organization. One CEU is granted for every 10 hours of class participation.