Build, improve and optimize steady state distillation models using Aspen Plus RadFrac block. Explore the rate-based modeling and the capabilities of RadFrac to model CO2 capture processes to meet sustainability goals when required. Utilize Aspen Properties analyses to synthesize the best separation synthesis to achieve the desired separation tasks. Practice using complex features in distillation processes including, azeotropic, three phase and reactive distillation as well as columns with features such as pumparounds, side draws, multiple condensers, etc. using Aspen Plus. Review troubleshooting tips and how to enhance convergence and evaluate model quality.
• Gain the skills and knowledge to model complex distillation processes
• Reduce process design time by using advanced features of RadFrac
• Determine separation schemes using conceptual design tools
• Perform Tray Sizing/Rating and Packed Sizing/Rating calculations
• Apply Aspen Rate-Based Distillation to accurately model column with real trays and packing
• Use column analysis tools to optimize the feed location and number of stages and improve energy utilization
• Improve distillation model stability and accuracy
• Get an overview of sustainability processes to capture CO2 in which distillation models take place
Take a deep dive into distillation modeling. Learn how to handle complex distillation such as azeotropic, 3-phase, and reactive distillation, how to set up pumparounds, side draws, multiple condensers and how to optimize the feed location and number of stages. Learn how to perform Sizing/Rating of trayed and packed towers. Troubleshoot convergence issues.
Engineers familiar with Aspen Plus with some experience simulating distillation processes who wish to improve their ability to simulate more difficult distillation processes.
Must have attended the EAP101 Aspen Plus: Process Modeling training course or have previous experience in using Aspen Plus.
EAP201 Physical Properties for Process Engineers
EAP2411 Improved Process Operability and Control Through Aspen Plus Dynamic Models
Aspen Technology, Inc. awards Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for training classes conducted by our organization. One CEU is granted for every 10 hours of class participation.