|Process Reliability and Maintenance using Aspen Fidelis Reliability
|This course helps you get acquainted with general Reliability and Maintenance practices and understand how those are incorporated in Aspen Fidelis Reliability (AFR). You will go through various workshops to understand the workflow and basic components of an AFR model. This course will enable you understand your plant model in terms of plant performance and unplanned equipment failures, and provide quick pointers to improve the same. You will learn how to use plant data to generate results and enable informed, defensible, decisions on capital asset management.|
Navigate the graphical user interface and AFR modeling features
Develop Process Plant model in AFR Flowsheet and understand Case Management.
- Quickly become familiar with AFR product features, interface and model library.
- Discuss and practice the main aspects of AFR functionality that will be used in model development during the training.
- Learn the descriptions and definitions of object types available in the model library, equipment data entry workflow using RAM Data Editor (RDE) and calculation settings in Simulation Control Panel (SCP).
Analyze Warehouse Sparing and Start-up Failure to mitigate downtime
- Understand the key parameters that are involved in configuring the plant process model for reliability management analysis.
- Use equipment and process data to develop the reliability flow diagram ensuring all critical equipment and flows are captured in the model.
- Learn how to configure Tanks and Unit objects with equipment items defined at the sub-unit level. Use the maximum tank level management to define tank capacities, availabilities and set point..
- Learn how to specify equipment trains with rate responses consistent to real equipment operating capacity.
- Easily identify system vulnerabilities and improve model validation using AFR debugging tool in animation mode.
- Predict key performance indicators like availability and utilization to maximize plant performance.
Customize Solution using VBA Coding
- Learn how AFR uses defined equipment spares to mitigate plant downtimes options such as warehouse spares or repair in place can be used to measure equipment failure impact to model.
- Learn how to configure events such as seasonal changes (summer vs non-summer months), planned shutdown and/or maintenance, equipment testing, turnaround etc.
- Analyze multiple alternatives of the base case with the Case Comparison capability.
- Discover how simple subroutines can be used, in AFR, to customize native functionality and even extend it, using Microsoft Visual Basic Automation (VBA). Through instruction you will be taught how to write, edit and debug VBA coding that can be used for to set wide ranging operating conditions.
- Use VBA coding to set equipment component age, modify tank levels, turn off or turn on equipment availability or induce failures; all without modifying model configuration and in during model solve.
- VBA functionality in AFR comes with added ease of use for easy recognition of AFR objects and variables from within the coding environment.