Learn how to model an electrolysis unit that converts water into hydrogen using potassium hydroxide solution.
Engineers who need to use first principles simulations to solve Sustainability problems for processes or process units.
Engineers who are interested to build custom models in Aspen Custom Modeler (ACM) and export to Aspen Plus.
Engineers interested to learn about alkaline electrolyzer modeling for hydrogen production.
This workshop demonstrates how Aspen Custom Modeler can used to:
• Build an alkaline electrolysis cell stack model
• Export the stack model to Aspen Plus
• Overview of how to enter inputs, run the model and view results
• Hands-on workshop with different tasks, each with a specific objective
• Detailed instructions to execute the tasks
• Review of results
Familiarity with Aspen Plus User Interface, either by personal experience or by taking EAP101 training course
EAP2311: Building Custom Simulation Models using Aspen Custom Modeler
- Overview of Aspen Custom Modeler (ACM)
- Build the model in ACM
- Set up Physical Properties
- Declare variables and parameters
- Enter the underlying model equations
- Export the model to Aspen Plus
Aspen Technology, Inc. awards Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for training classes conducted by our organization. One CEU is granted for every 10 hours of class participation.