Direct Air Capture technology is among the most prominent approaches to capture CO2. Users will learn how to build and simulate a Direct Air Capture process with aqueous potassium hydroxide solution. Users will then integrate this model into a steady state process simulation and set up physical properties along with key unit operations to model the complete process.
Engineers who need to use first principles simulations to solve Sustainability problems for processes or process units
Build a model which simulates the Direct Air Capture process.
Learn to use Aspen Plus to quickly evaluate and optimize operation of your process.
Learn the fundamentals of Aspen Custom Modeler to model unique process equipment.
• Overview of how to enter inputs, run the model and view results
• Hands-on workshop with different tasks, each with a specific objective
• Detailed instructions to execute the tasks
• Review of results
A background in chemical engineering or industrial chemistry.
EAP2311: Building Custom Simulation Models using Aspen Custom Modeler
EAP101: Process Modeling using Aspen Plus (Includes Sustainability Module)
- Overview of Aspen Custom Modeler (ACM)
- Build the model in ACM
- Set up Physical Properties
- Declare variables and parameters
- Enter the underlying model equations
- Export the model to Aspen Plus
Aspen Technology, Inc. awards Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for training classes conducted by our organization. One CEU is granted for every 10 hours of class participation.